Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th...

Today marks an important day in our history. Now I know I don't need to tell you all that - not one person in the world doesn't remember this day 7 years ago. What's a little bizarre to me is that this will make the history books that my boys will learn about in high school. I remember back to History in HS and never thought I would live through something so big to make a history book.

Anyway, I can't help but reflect on what I was doing that day that changed so many lives. We had just moved back to NY in June. My sister had her first baby in July. I had started the search of finding a job and was working through a temp agency at a Psych Center. That day I went to work like every other day. It was early when the first plane crashed into the first tower. I think we all stopped working at that point and found whatever TV's we could and watched. I came down with a huge migraine (that I normally don't get) and went home early. My Dad called me on and off all day. I had gotten home, switched on the TV and just about that time as I was talking with my Dad....the first tower collapsed. I couldn't believe it. Memories flashed before my eyes from our senior trip and we went to those towers - went up in them and I have pictures looking down. Now it was gone. What an incredible sight. What a horrible tragedy. So many families touched forever.......

Where were you?

No comments: