Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dylan's High and Low

Ever have those days. Start out on a LOW and end on a HIGH. Dylan had one today. His low moment came today at school. While he might not know of the "low" it was my job to inform him of it. My mom picked the boys up from school today. When she got there Cody was crying and pretty upset. The teacher said Cody fell and cut his lip and cried and the kids decided to call him "baby". Oh my goodness - you have no idea how mad that made me. Then the tough part came when I learned that Dylan was in on the action. That is NOT acceptable to me - at all! While this was really nothing major - it really bothered me. Why? Because I have heard of all the comments kids can make to others. Pick on them because of how they look, what they wear, how fat/skinny they are......I seriously won't accept that from my kids. I know they are only 4 but they need to learn this. Cody's feelings were hurt. Dylan and I had a heart to heart.....he's a good boy!

Then his HIGH came this afternoon. One of the bikes training wheels broke. So Brett took them off today. Dylan has been watching the older boys in the neighborhood all summer ride their 2 wheelers. Today was HIS turn. He got on, Brett helped him and he did it! He rode a 2 wheel bike!!!! YEAH Dylan! He still has a little ways to go to keep from falling off but it's a start. To bad it's going to rain all weekend because I really want to get him on video. Maybe we'll get a break.

Tomorrow is Brett's birthday! Not doing anything much. He has a football game. After that everybody will come down for some cake. The boys and I made it tonight and decorated it. Let's just say, I am not a cake decorator. :)

Cody goes to Syracuse next Wednesday. He'll meet with another orthodontist and see what he has to offer on our process. Hopefully it's the same report we got last week so we can stay local. Then we have a photo shoot after that. The team would like to use Cody's picture on their brochure. I am very honored that they asked. I think Cody has a fantastic smile! It's all thanks to a fantastic surgeon.

Have a nice weekend and stay dry!

No comments: