Tyler had to start the morning off very early today. Tish started her twice a week sessions with him for speech today. She'll now be coming 2 times a week for 1/2 hour sessions. He was up and et em at 8:30. I know it's not exactly early as most kids have to be up much earlier but Tyler is a sleeper in the morning and needs his beauty rest if you know what I mean. He did great for speech today. He is making good progress and I am really hoping that by the end of the school year he won't need it anymore.
After speech, we headed to the dentist for his first teeth cleaning. Um...yah...that didn't go so well. He is a very stubborn 3 year old - much more stubborn that his brothers were/are. He DID NOT want to get his teeth cleaned. He let them look in his mouth with the mirror, put a couple drops of water in his mouth but that was it. He would not let them count his teeth. I really didn't have any concerns but wanted his teeth cleaned. So oh well, it didn't happen so we will re-try in Jan. and I made an appointment for all 3 of them to go at one time. Maybe he'll cooperate when he sees what a good job his brother's do.
I did have an opportunity to talk with the dentist about Cody though. Remember back a few post ago how I was so annoyed that they hadn't gotten back to me about his x-rays. Well, we talked and she feels that it's best to see an Orthodontist right from the start. The work he needs is just beyond the scope of what she does. Which I really did figure as she is just a dentist and in charge of keeping his teeth clean and healthy. So they recommend a couple Ortho's to me and I could see who I wanted to call. One of them I know as he's a member of the craniofacial team I am a part of. So I called him first as I know he has done lots of work on other children that have a cleft and I've seen his work and he's pretty good. We go to see him on the 16th. I still have an appointment for an Ortho in Syracuse on Oct 1st as I want two opinions and then I will make my decision. The funny thing was while I was making the appointment, the girl asked if our dental insurance covered orthodontics. I said - not sure, but really in this case it's Medical and NOT Dental. She said "well, I know for sure Medical won't pay for it"......she obviously don't know who I am. :) I will fight tooth and nail for it to be considered Medical. Dylan and Tyler were born with a chance not to need any orthodontics, Cody was not! If Dylan and Tyler needed braces or something then yes, Dental insurance should pay for it.......Cody - no, it's Medical. So I'm sure my fight is just beginning.
Oh a good note, Tyler didn't cry when Brett left at school today! Little steps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment