Tuesday, September 2, 2008

3 year olds.....

Today has been ever so challenging when it has come to dealing with my 3 year old. Not sure where the attitude has come from but man...... I had Brett meet me at the mall today so we could get Tyler some sneakers for school. Ty came to pick out his shoes - with the guidance of Mom. We had it narrowed down to two pairs and I needed to see what size his foot was now. He WOULD NOT put his foot on the metal shoe sizer. When Tyler gets ticked he knows how to throw a tantrum. So of course it was right in the middle of Penney's. Finally I looked at the girl and said "his sandals are an 8 so he's got to be at least a 9". Finally he cooperated and put his sock on and tried on the sneakers and we got them. UGH! I was just saying the other day that my most difficult age for the boys was 2-3.....now I'm thinking 3-4 might win!

Can I just say to that I got a little teary eyed tonight as I was talking to my niece on the phone. She starts 2nd grade tomorrow. She is so grown up yet I remember her being born like it was yesterday. She said she is ready, has her dress all picked out, her Hannah Montana backpack is packed full of stuff, Tanya's camera is ready to go and the big yellow bus will be at her house bright and early. Good Luck Karly!

So on the eve of school starting we did some prep work for school as well. Even though the boys don't start till Monday. We started to pack their boxes for their cubbies. They have to have an extra change of clothes in case of an accident. So underwear are packed and backpacks are on the hooks! They do have school orientation on Friday so we are all looking forward to that.

No comments: