Cody and Dylan started the day at 6:30am. They beat my alarm clock. They were excited for school. I managed to keep them quite while I got ready and then got them dressed. After putting on their new shoes, Cody said "Mom look how high I can jump" and started jumping - I started laughing. You ask why, well my baby brother (who is getting ready to become a Daddy for the first time) always thought after getting a new pair of sneakers that he could run and jump, faster and higher. Then as I was laughing, Cody proceed to say as he was standing by the front window "Dylan wanna see who runs faster". Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one. We had a quick photo op outside as it was a beautiful day today. Once at school, they acted as though we hadn't left. They were a little confused why their cubbies had been moved and didn't understand why they needed a new shape/color this year. We have the same teacher and most all the same kids as last year. They didn't want to leave. Oh and the most important thing was finding out our shape/color. As this is the shape/color they sit on on the floor for story time the whole year. Cody is a blue square and Dylan is a green triangle - important stuff for a 4 year old. Hard to believe this is it for them - preK, meaning next year will be all day kindergarten.
I got to work for a couple hours and then it was time to do it all over again. I headed home to pick up Brett and Tyler for Tyler's orientation. He was waiting and all excited when I got home. This one I am having a harder time with as he is my baby - he's it - no more and to see him going off to his first year of preschool (preK3) is a little tough for me. No tears though today. I'm sure those will come Monday. We found Tyler's cubbie and he quickly hung up his Spiderman backpack. The teacher brought him over a table top toy and told him it was something his brother's liked to play with. So he thought that was neat. He mingled with the kids and we just kind of hung out in the background and got to know a whole other set of parents. One neat thing is Tyler will be going to school with a set of twins. So I quickly struck up a conversation with that Mom and answered some of her questions regarding twins in the same classroom. Tyler found out his shape/color and he will be the green square. Thankfully, I only have two shapes and two colors to memorize for 3 kids. Tyler didn't want to leave either but I am thinking that might change Monday when we do leave. The teacher did say it was OK to bring the blanket as Ty is pretty attached to that. So we'll see.
So our school year has begun! We are all looking forward to a busy year.
Here are some of our first day photo's!
Cody's First Day!
Dylan's First Day!
Our Backpacks...Dylan, SpeedRacer and Cody, Transformers
My little man - All decked out in Spiderman!
Spiderman backpack of course!
What a pair!
Dylan's First Day!
Our Backpacks...Dylan, SpeedRacer and Cody, Transformers
My little man - All decked out in Spiderman!
Spiderman backpack of course!
What a pair!
Brotherly Love.....Big brothers wishing Tyler a great first day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment