Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Teeth Cleaning

Today Cody and Dylan had their 6 month teeth cleaning. I had originally scheduled all 3 for this day but realized a while ago that I could not do 3 kids in the chairs at once getting teeth cleaned. Glad I came to my senses on that. Anyway the visit went good. Both boys cooperated and got x-rays and fluoride treatments. NO CAVITIES! YEAH! Dylan has great teeth - nice spaces and the dentist didn't have much to offer. That's a good thing right? Cody had a good report as well. They are sending me another set of the x-rays so I can take them to Syracuse with us when we go in July. She said the tooth in the palate is still healthy and has fallen right where the cleft was. So with that tooth came bone, so bone grew right where it should. She suggested we just really try are hardest to brush it to keep it healthy. I had concerns regarding Cody's front teeth. To the naked eye they look yellow, almost as if decaying. Good to know that is not the case. They are actually healthy. The reason for the yellow is because Cody has a cross-bite which causes his bottom teeth to scrap the top teeth. They do so much that they have worn the white enamel off the teeth and the yellow that I am seeing is actually the 2nd layer of enamel. I told her of our plan to see the orthodontic team in July and she didn't seem surprised or even surprised that they might look to put the palate expander in. So that was good to hear.

Tyler goes for his first time in September. It was supposed to be this month on the 23rd but Cody and Dylan have an end of year picnic at school at the same time and I just haven't figured out yet how to be in two spots at once.

One thing did annoy me today though. For any of you that know me well - I am not a person that is late. I don't like to be late, early is a better motto for me. Since having kids early isn't as early as it should be but it's close! (Did that make sense?) So Brett picked the boys up at school and dropped them off to me at work. Our dentist appointment was for 11 (so said the card). Well of course once Cody got to work he had to go potty - and of course it's #2. So I wait. Still have time though to make it. We got to the office at 11:02. I get to the desk and she says "oh we were just going to call you"........I thought that was so odd. So I glanced at their clock on the phone and it said 11:15...I asked if it was right. She said no. So out came the hygienist and I heard her say "are we taking them". OK it still wasn't clicking that they were talking about us. So we get taken back and Cody goes in the chair and Dylan goes to the x-ray room. I go with Dylan. The hygienist said "come on hunny we are short on time". I thought that was odd. So I reminded Dylan to listen and follow directions as "they must be busy". She finally said "well your appointment was at 10:50".....UM, no it wasn't! Trust me, I looked at that little card about 5 times this morning. So I told her I was sure it was 11 and I would check my desk when I got back to work. Sure enough - it said 11. I had half a notion to fax the darn thing to them. UGH - that just ticked me off. They are so lucky they did not cancel us. I would of flipped. When it comes to doctors appointments (as we have gone to a lot of them) I am sure we are on time, papers filled out - you name it. I have to say I have my sh*t together on that. So I let it go because I really do like the dentist and the office has been good to us - but that just ticked me off. Done ranting! :)

No comments: