Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Tyler

My little guy turned 3 today. It is so hard to believe he is three. Where did those years go? I just have to reflect a little. I remember finding out I was pregnant with him. I denied it for a few weeks thinking I was just 'late'. Then I decided to buy a pregnancy test and the stupid nosey cashier at Walmart just had to ask "is it for you". Thanks - hadn't even told Brett at that point. So I said "no, it's for a friend". Brett told me later he knew it was for me but went along with it. I didn't even tell my sister. And I tell her EVERYTHING! So once I worked up the nerve to go have a blood test done - I found out - we were having another! I really honestly didn't want him. We had twins that weren't even a year old and all that Cody offered and I was scared to death to have another. Having 2 made us even, having 3 meant we were out numbered. But there was no way we were not having that baby. So 9 months went on and on this day - 3 years ago at 4:21pm - Tyler Clark came into our world!

I wouldn't know what to do without him. From the minute I laid my eyes on him I knew he was a keeper. He was such a beautiful baby with a full head of black hair. Funny, his hair is now so brownish/blond. He has got a very lovely attitude. His shirt his grandma bought him says it all - "Short, Cute and Lovable". He has a personality about him that anybody would love. Such devilish eyes. He's such a great little boy.

Today we celebrated a little different. Brett and I took him to Friendly's for lunch. He had his favorite - mac & cheese and then some of ours. Brett had to work tonight so after I got home from lunch he opened his presents. His favorite being a firetruck. Reminds me of his Uncle Kevin the way he likes his fire trucks. Then we had 'brownies' instead of cake. Another favorite. Then we swam for a while as it's super warm here. He was busy on the phone tonight with calls from Auntie Kristie, Auntie Tanya, Papa, Daddy (my mom stayed to have brownie with us). Between his party and today - he had a great Birthday!!!!
His new Fire Truck!

Relaxing in the pool

No comments: