The title really does say it all. For any of you that have a child or children - going shopping is not easy. It doesn't matter what you are shopping for. I remember back to when C&D were babies and going to Walmart required both Brett and I to go. They just didn't make carts big enough for 2 baby seats. Then don't forget the diaper bag - thankfully we took a small bag for these type of trips and saved the big one for the all day adventures. So as they got bigger we added Tyler to the mix and decided at that point one of us would stay home with the kids and the other one would go shopping. Or possibly the one that went shopping might take a kid with them. So we did this for a while. Now we are onto working different shifts and I'll be darned if I am just sitting home. One thing I always wanted to make sure of is that my kids were portable and we were not just sitting home. Or would I feel out numbered because there is 3 of them and 1 of me. Soooo...now that they are all potty trained, can walk, can listen (sometimes) - we go and do a lot of stuff together at night while Brett is working.
Tonight was no exception!
However, the potty trained thing is wonderful but not so when the kids have to use every bathroom there is. I was the exact same way as a kid though so I'm totally getting paid back. I can pile the 3 of them into a shopping cart but man is it hard to push. There is about 100 pounds in that cart. Some would think - well let them walk. Yah right! They LOVE to walk but the whole listening thing goes right out the window. I really try to scar the crap out of them because this world these days is not a nice place to live. Then the 3 of them can work together and against me. This was proved tonight. Dylan was in the seat, Cody and Tyler in the basket. I had picked up some shaving cream for Brett and then went on to get other products. Next thing I know is Cody telling me "look mom" and all I saw was shaving cream. Dear, sweet Tyler managed to get the cap off and covered the back of Cody's shirt. Lovely! So we headed to the bathroom to get them cleaned off and Oh ya, go the bathroom.
Throughout the rest of our shopping trip, I get looks and stares and people asking if they are triplets? I smile and say No, twins and a single. All the while they are thinking I'm nuts and I am thinking he wasn't planned but wouldn't change it for the world. So we get to the check out and the cashier ask the above question. Then she said "are you having more". I'm sorry - how is it that it's any of the cashier at Walmart's business. No I'm not BUT! So that was our fun shopping trip! We'll do it again and I'll have many more stories to share I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment