Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bad Night of Shopping

You would think it was because I had 3 kids with me with no carts to confine them in. But that wasn't it at all. I got home from work and we all got ready to go to Kohl's to do some father's day shopping. Brett needs a new pair of swim shorts. So I grabbed a cart and around the store we go. After only making it to the men's swim shorts everyone has to pee. Of course they do! So we go back and everyone pees. We come out, grab our cart and go back to shopping. By this time we have made our way over to the kids clothes and Cody has to go poop. So we all head back to the potty - AGAIN! We come out AND MY CART IS GONE! Gone! No where to be seen. Thankfully there wasn't nothing in it but clothes that we had picked out. Nothing personal. But I was in shock as it's gone and didn't know who took it. So....I ask a few close personal and they didn't see it. They say no one took it. So I take the boys and around the store we go - 3 times! Still can't find it. I've told everyone that would listen by this point because now I am just plain ole ticked off. I found a manger and told him (which he already knew about it by this point) and all he says was he is sorry, somebody must of mistakenly taken my cart and if "you want to yell at me you can". Well why do I want to do that. But I almost did. Because nobody was walking with me to help find it. Not to mention there is probably a good $200 worth of merchandise in that cart that is now missing! So I give up - give them my number and tell them that there is some stuff that I would really like and if the cart is found to please call me. So the boys and I go back and get a couple of the things that I could find again. Other things I couldn't get because I had taken the only size available and it was in MY CART! UGH!

So as I have stewed over this for a while now - I decide to call the store back to see if they have found it. NO! I told them that I had a lot of merchandise in that cart and they said they have all been looking for it. Apparently about the same time somebody was in the store trying to steal a vacuum or something. So they aren't sure if this is related. I guess the security clerk will be in in the morning to look at the tapes. She said there isn't much you can do in that store where the cameras aren't watching. So it should be on that tape who took that cart. Now it kind of freaks me out if somebody took my cart - they were either watching me or something. As there was another cart right next to mine that has been there all night. So why my cart? It's just very, very weird.

And to kind of top it off and tick me off more - they offered me nothing for my time or inconvenience. So not sure how fast I'll be returning!! So note to self for further shopping trips, when you have to leave your cart to use the rest room - have someone watch it for you. It just might not be there when you return!

No comments: