Monday, April 14, 2008

B-ball Game

We had a great weekend. Saturday was the nicer of the two days. The weatherman is promising nicer weather by the middle of this week so we shall see. Saturday, we got around and headed to the BU event center to watch Caleb play basketball. Trisia and the gang were in town as both Taylor and Caleb had games. The boys had fun! They enjoyed the games but I think they enjoyed running, going to the bathroom, and eating the concession stand food better but they are 4/2 and what do you expect. We watched one game and then I took C&D with me to Walmart and Tyler stayed with Brett. Sat. night we got Karly and Connor for a few hours as Tanya and Shaun had a party to go to. The kids had fun. Connor had us in stitches. He is getting big to fast.

I had a first time moment recently. I remember being a kid and wanting to play outside by myself for the longest time. Dylan has really taken to the neighbor kids. All a few years older than them. Well he wanted to go out and play and I really didn't feel like sitting outside and watching them. (When it gets nicer OK) So I let him go...with many strict rules of staying in the back yard with the other kids. He does great and of course I am checking on him every couple seconds. Really can't believe how big they are getting.


Now I just have to complain. I get the mail the other day and isn't there a bill from Upstate. As I open it I am trying to remember why we would be getting a bill from them. Oh yah, Cody's recent speech evaluation. I figure it can't be that bad..............um, wrong! We owe $199 - are you freaking kidding me. UGH! I was there probably an hour with him. Total bill was around $400. So crazy! So annoying. Like I have that sitting around. It would just seem that the cleft teams could do this type of work for free - or much cheaper cost. After all, it's not like we aren't going to go back to them. I see them twice a year - have done that much atleast for the past 4 years. We have oh about 15 more years of this. Then let's factor in seeing them more every time there is a surgery. And considering we are coming upon the orthodontia stage - yah, they are going to see us lots. So I wonder all the time why we don't have a house - then I get a medical bill and remember! Oh well - I was chosen for this life for some reason. Some days it's just really hard to figure out why?

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Reading your blog made me think of a bill that I just got too, check it out!