Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Some Thoughts

Does it ever seem like a week just shouldn't have started. That has been my week. First with Monday taking the explorer to the shop to find out it was going to cost $1000 to fix it. UGH. Then to find out the credit card we had hoped to use only had $500 on it so we had to pay the other $500. Not what we were expecting.

Yesterday was an OK day I guess. Work is just busy and we are short a person therefore I tend to have to do more. Which I don't mind because the day goes by quick but it's doing work I don't like. Oh well. It was also Molly's 10th birthday. Can't believe she is that old all ready. I remember getting her. Brett and I had just moved into our first apartment together in January of 98. By that June we wanted a puppy. So we checked the ads and found one for Lab/golden retriever puppies. We were so excited. As we drove out we talked about names. Then we got closer to the address and thought "no way". We pulled in this drive way and almost turned around. It didn't look fit for dogs let alone people. Yet out came this skinny man, heavy set women and a couple of kids. On the side of their house was a huge pen full of Dobermans. I remember asking Brett "are those the dogs". It wasn't. We got to this little pen with the most cutest puppies around. They were so active and it was hard to choose. We picked "our girl" as she was the most active. We named her Molly! Oh yah, she is not what the ad said she was - she is more a Sheppard/Doberman mix. She's been the princess ever since - with everybody! She didn't like Shaun at first (I don't think that skinny man was nice to the dogs) and Shaun is tall and thin. But she loves him now!!! She is really a great dog and I hate to admit that she doesn't get the attention that was once given to her. There are 3 little boys that kind of took over. She is great with them and all the kids. So we did celebrate with her tonight. I got mini cupcakes and the kids all sang Happy Birthday to her. She was just excited to be getting something so yummy!

Today was Administrative Professional Day!!! I'm one of them. However, I realized that I work with a bunch of men and um.....they forgot! They admitted it and are making it up tomorrow taking me to lunch - my choice. The finance staff got me a nice card and tulips. They are pretty - I just hope I can keep them that way! Actually I am giving them to Tanya to plant at her house. I think we'll put them around Letti's tree.

Our weather had been great and the boys have been outside A LOT! I'm glad tomorrow is Thursday and the end of the week is near. Looking forward to Saturday night as Brett and I are going out. My co-worker has their first anniversary and we are partying at their house. Should be a great time - I'm taking Amaretto sours with me! Yum, Yum! (right Tash)

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Yummy those do sound good - have fun. I have been craving strawberry Daiquiri's and will probably go pick some fresh strawberries this weekend and make a batch!!!