
Do you ever sit back and watch kids (your kids or those that are close to you) and say "when did they grow up"? I did that a few times this weekend. One time was Friday as I dropped the boys off to school and their pre-school pictures came in. My little boys are really growing up. I was amazed at how great these pictures were.Then another instance of that came tonight. I had taken the boys outside to ride their bikes. The neighborhood kids had gotten home from school and had all gathered around to play. Dylan and Cody wanted in on it. At first the kids tried to say "your babies" but they were quick to say "no we aren't". So I sat and watched as they played (not even sure what they were playing). Then it got colder and I was ready to go in. Tyler was inside with Brett cooking dinner. Cody had had enough and came in. Dylan didn't want to. So I said he could stay out but wasn't to leave the back yard. So I stayed in the kitchen. Pasing from the window to the door watching him. When I could see I went to the porch. He had a blast!!!! He loved the freedom to play. He held his own too. Standing up when one boy pushed him down. Of course I wanted to go belt the kid but hey - I'm his Mom! All of my little boys are growing up!! Sniff, sniff!
No comments:
Post a Comment