Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Friday

TGIF!!! That says it all. Actually was a pretty good day. It was a quite day at work so I got some things taken care of.

On Monday, I had gotten a call from Dr. Kerr. He called home and said he would call me back. I hadn't heard from him and thought it was interesting that the doctor was calling me personally. So I called him today. I should mention he is the PS of the Craniofacial team I am on. He wanted to call and thank me for all that I do. Wow - wasn't expecting that! I guess he had just been at a conference and heard from another parent advocate and realized what they were saying is what we already do. So he wanted to let me know that they were thinking of me. I apologized for not being at the past few meetings. I explained my work schedule has picked up and between that and the boys I just haven't gotten away for a few hours on the day of meetings. He said if there was anything he could ever do about that to let him know. Hmm.. gets my wheels turning because if I could get paid doing what I am doing, I would! So I thought that was so nice and I took the 'atta girl' to heart!

Then I called Debbie and she and I had a nice chat! She gives atta girl comments all the time but it's really her that deserves them. I wouldn't be where I am at without her. I really can't wait for my family to meet her in August.

Yesterday in the mail I got a letter from the school district. It was for Tyler and transitioning him to CPSE. He's approved! Great....however, I find it very odd that I never had to go to a meeting with the committee. With Cody I had to go to 3 to get him in and keep his services. And Cody, was the one born with a birth defect - not Tyler. It does not make sense to me. To me it seems I should have to fight for Tyler - not for Cody.

Also got news today that it looks like Tyler will get to go to preschool in September. Cody and Dylan's teacher said that it was in the budget to accept 3 year olds and the budget was passed. He'll most likely go in the afternoon, and C&D will stay going in the morning. So it will be a lot of running but Brett's schedule allows that. Nothing is permanent yet...we should know a 100% by June.

To end Friday - we all met the Smith family out for dinner and then hit the bike trail. The kids all got to ride their bikes and then play on a really nice playground that is off of it. They had a blast! It sprinkled for a minute but then it turned out to be a great night.

No comments: