Tonight I write a little tribute to the men and women who protect and serve our country. I guess you could say I grew up in this type of family. My grandfather was a cop, my Dad a fire fighter, Shaun was in the Navy, my Grandmother was a nurse, now my brother is a cop and he has a partner for life - his K9 Tacko. The other night Kevin and Tacko responded to a burglary call. Tacko was sent in and ended up falling down an elevator shaft as he went after the guy that broke into a pharmacy and stole drugs. Not to mention the guy was sampling as he was stealing. Tacko caught him!!! He ended up with a cut above his eye and was checked out by the vet. He's doing fine. I know my brother's job is dangerous but it's like it clicked today as I read the newspaper article and saw the scum bags picture. It's people like him that can change a family forever - in the blink of an eye. Yet my brother gets up every night and goes off to work to protect us and Tacko is eager to get in the back of the cruiser. I don't tell my brother often but he is my Hero!!! Not to mention I would hate to be on the other side with him totally pissed off at me and sending Tacko after me! No thanks!!!
Police, Firefighters, Military, Hospital workers - they all hold a special place in my heart. Tonight I honor them!!! Thank you for all that you do as you truly do hold a thankless job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kelly as I am reading this I am balling my eyes out! You put it so nicely. You are right though, a completely thankless job and they take so much heat from the people that don't respect them. Thanks for posting that...you are a good sister! I know every night I kiss both of them goodbuy and always say "Have a good night, be safe and come home to me." I will have Kevin read this...very sweet of you! Thank you. Love ya, Kristie.
Kelly as I am reading this I am balling my eyes out! You put it so nicely. You are right though, a completely thankless job and they take so much heat from the people that don't respect them. Thanks for posting that...you are a good sister! I know every night I kiss both of them goodbuy and always say "Have a good night, be safe and come home to me." I will have Kevin read this...very sweet of you! Thank you. Love ya, Kristie.
I am so dumb...this has me all emotional...I posted my comment twice!! Love these pregnancy hormones!!
Post a Comment