Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

We normally only do something little but this year my husband decided to surprise me. This morning on the table I found a gift bag (with tissue paper) and inside was an IPod. I was shocked at it all - IPod and gift bag with tissue paper because he NEVER does that. We then met for lunch and while it was just at Wegman's we had a great lunch - just the two of us so we could catch up. With our work schedules and kids in general - chit chatting isn't something we do often.

I will confess though - while I loved the IPod, I knew it really wasn't something practical that we needed. I was hesitant to tell him but am glad I did. My digital camera has been giving me a ton of problems and I love to take pictures of the kids - so I really need one that works. So he told me we could return the ipod for a camera. He took it back and got me a fantastic camera - I LOVE IT!!!

The boys had a party at school today. I had gotten them new shirts to wear today and am glad I took pictures this morning because all 3 were in their underwear when I got home from work tonight. After Cody got dressed he asked "I wonder if Alana will have a red shirt on today" - she did! They got a bunch of cute little valentines. Then they got goody bags when I got home tonight. I have come to realize though that I only really need to buy chocolate. Everything else gets pushed aside. I'll have to remember that for Easter!

Hope everyone had a great day! We are off to Cuba for the weekend.

No comments: