Monday, February 4, 2008

A few thoughts

Tonight I came to bed and started checking my emails. I get through a few and see a subject line "rude comment made by sports website"....hmm, I'm curious as I'm checking my cleft emails and when I see the word sports it just seems like it's super close to home. So I read and it's by Dr. C - not really sure who that is (I'm going to have to ask Brett) on a sports site called Epic Carnival. Well the guy makes an opening comment about how the BCS picks made him want to "punch his cousins kid in his cleft lip". Are you kidding? Would an adult even write something like that - to punch a kid. Just very rude. Then I think of all the rude people in the world. Do you think any of these kids asked to be born this way? Do you think Cody did? I can tell you Brett and I didn't ask for this life. It just makes me incrediably sad to think that Cody has to grow up in a world where these type of cruel people live.

As a side note - another Mom wrote the guy (who has since been kicked off the website but has a blog of his own) and she told him off. The guy of course wrote back more harsh words but I can tell you his email is filling up with people wanting to educate him on his stupidness.

However, in a way I feel incrediably blessed to be walking the journey we are with Cody. I have met so many wonderful people. Anyway, today I received a call from Debbie Oliver. She's an amazing women and somebody I look up to very much. I had posted about Cody's boo-boo comment and she called today to give me some insight. You have no idea what that meant to me.

So tonight, as I put my three little boys to sleep - and then listen to Tyler coughing and eventually throwing up (kind of had to hang up on Brett in a hurry), I am going to go to sleep with the words that jerk wrote on his blog and hope I never have to experience a something like that again.

No comments: