Saturday, November 22, 2008

When it Rains it Pours!

The events of the last 24 hours seem to be some what of a blur. It all started last night, I took my gang up to bed around 8 and was hoping for everyone to fall asleep fast so I could have some time with my husband. Instead it was 10pm and Tyler had just fallen asleep when my phone rang. Odd! It was my sister. She never calls that late. Something is wrong.........

She informed me that my brother had called and Jack was needing emergency surgery. OMG! Your kidding right. No. The poor little guy had a pylorus valve blocked in his stomach and has been the reason for his discomfort. So they were being transported to another hospital for surgery. I of course had a million emotions run through me as pediatric surgery is not new to me. But man did I feel so sorry that my brother and Kristie had to go through this too. My mom wanted to go and because my children took forever to go to sleep - Brett got a nice 2 hour nap in. So he offered to drive my mom down so she could be there. They left after midnight.

To top it off - today was Connor's 2nd birthday party. To be honest we went through the motions but were thinking about Jack and my Mom the whole day.

You ask why about my Mom? Well at some point of this afternoon my mom became very ill. She thought she needed something to eat but as they got to the cafeteria she got sick. A doctor walked past and went to be with her in the restroom and ended up taking her to the ER. She was dehydrated and very ill. So they hooked her up to IV's and ordered blood work. She feels horrible and is miserable knowing that she went there to be with Jack. So tonight they are both in the hospital - except on different floors. Ugh. Brett is there with her and we are hoping she gets discharged tomorrow so she can come home. I am at a loss as to what to do. I really can't do anything but hope for the best come morning.

So tonight as I close my eyes I am hoping to get some shut eye myself. I just would like to be in MD right now.

No comments: