Friday, November 14, 2008

We have Bakugan!

What a day today was. It actually started last night when Brett told me that on Saturday there is a Bakugan tournament at toys-r-us. He had already told Cody and we have to go. Problem is - we don't have the bakugan balls. So I figured hey, if toys-r-us is hosting this tournament then they must have some of these balls in the store. WRONG! Them along with every other retailer does not carry these things. They are all sold out. I spent all day calling all over trying to find these. My mom even went to a store called "Made in Japan" and they didn't have them. I had basically given up. I have a friend in Ohio and she said she would look for me. I found one battle set on craigslist and emailed them but was waiting for a reply. Any way I tried though - we were not going to have these things for tomorrow. WRONG again! I got home and my mom had called one more local store....one I never shop at as it's downtown but that she loves.....and they had them! Yeah!!! We got a 6 pack. We are battling tomorrow.

Apparently though these Bakugan's are being considered the top toy of this holiday season. Unlike most top toy's (in my era it was the Cabbage Patch Kid) these are actually within a price range for families. Starting around $3.00 and going up from there. And as my luck will have it my friend in Ohio went right out shopping for me (thanks Liz) and she found me a 3 pack. Santa is "very" happy. Then the seller from craigslist wrote me back and said the mega battle pack is still available. It's a steal of a price. Yeah! I am soooooooooooooooooo excited!

Tonight though we did another kid favorite. We had a birthday party to go to for a little boy in Cody and Dylan's class at Chuck E Cheese. The minute you walk through the door is instant craziness. They had so much fun though. It was an all boys party as the little boy didn't want any girls invited. And a big step for my kids, they actually like Chuck E. Giving him high 5's and everything. Surprised me. We left and Cody said "I wish we lived here". Yah, I don't! We will have to price a Chuck E birthday party. It's just so crazy there with no real organization. I've got a little bit to think about that.

So we are off to toys-r-us in the morning to have a Bakugan Battle. I will have pictures for sure!

No comments: