Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

After the Bakugan tournament our afternoon quieted down for a little bit. We got some house work done, Brett went off to Walmart to get groceries, it was a very rainy yucky day out so we just chilled. Brett left around 3 as the football officials all got a bus and headed to Syracuse for the football game tonight. While I am sure the game won't be "wonderful" as SU isn't doing very good at all this year - it's still a fun night out with the guys! I am sure they are having fun.

So the boys and I had plans to go to a benefit dinner. A guy I work with has boys in the cub scouts. They were putting this Spaghetti dinner on for two fellow scouts that have lost their parents. The kids are in the 3rd and 1st grade. I can't even imagine. A very young relative is now the sole care giver for these two boys. So we were happy to go tonight and have a great dinner. A bunch of us from work all met and no matter where we are - when we all get together we have a blast.

Driving home I remembered back to toys-r-us and Dylan really wanting this Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas DVD. So I decided we would go and get it. He was so excited! We got home, got our jammies on and made popcorn. Put the movie in and just relaxed. It was wonderful! Just to sit on the couch, cuddled under the blanket with my boys and watching a cute movie. Priceless!

No comments: