While at work today I happen to be checking my emails - I know not supposed to be doing this at work - but I was! I got an email from a dear friend. A friend I met for the first time at the conference in Vegas. He spoke for about an hour and I just thought he was fantastic. So did Brett. Just this past July he came back to the conference and we got to "meet" again. This time it was different. He remembered me. I was amazed and shocked. He is a dear dear friend of the cleftAdvocate organization. He tells a story like no other. Your cheeks hurt when he is done talking.
Meet my friend - David Roche.
I'll share something from his website........
" make my living as a performer, speaker and author. The time has come for me to blog. For more info about me, please visit my website. And, oh yes, I have a facial disfigurement. And I am very funny."
The email you may ask.......the email was that David has a blog. You all know how I love to blog. Well now I am so excited that I can read David's blog. I've read his book - he amazing. He is an older gentlemen, like he said that has a facial disfigurement, he is married, he leads a truly fulfilled life, he is my friend, he will rather he realizes it or not teach me how to prepare Cody for the world.
As I read this post of his, I closed my eyes...I was sitting on the chair in the Ballroom at the Tuscany, David was talking....I was laughing - this is what he was telling us: http://davidroche.com/myface/2008/10/at-middle-school-2/#comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment