Sunday, November 23, 2008

It stopped raining...

Ok, I'm not really talking about the rain. :)

Both Jack and my mom were discharged today. Jack has kept his bottles down and is doing well. He had laproscopic surgery so only 3 small incisions and no stitches. So that is a good thing. My mom got discharged last night. She came down with a flu bug and was dehydrated. So I guess rather she had been in NY or in MD she would of ended up in the ER. Just wish it had been NY so Tanya or I could of been there with her. Sorry to any of the men out there but they just aren't compassionate. I do have to say I am very impressed with my husband and how he took care of my mom. Something about a Mom - they just want to be there for family when going through a hard time. She hates she got sick but there is nothing she could of done about it. She didn't plan it or want it. Brett let her sleep the whole ride home and she had 3 little boys very excited to see her when she got home. The flu is a wicked thing and now we are just waiting to see if any of us get it. If so, I hope it's before we get to Cuba this weekend. Time will tell.

We have a nice short week this week. Tomorrow is Connor's 2nd birthday so we'll go have cake again. Yum! Tuesday night we'll be packing (although the boys were packing their toys today - they can't wait to go to grandma and grandpa's) and Wednesday we travel. Still wondering if I am going to hit the Black Friday sales. Looking forward to seeing family over the holidays!

No comments: