Sunday, October 5, 2008
Sunday Best
Why is it that kids have no sense of time on the weekend. Our morning started out early - Cody rose at 7. I manged to keep him quite till 8ish and then I turned on the TV and that got me another hour. It felt so good. Then it was up and at em! The Sunday typical....breakfast, laundry, dishes, pick up toys, get another snack, another load of laundry....phone rings. It's my friend from MA who was in Corning all weekend for a fundraiser and she was going to stop by. Yeah! So I convinced my children to help pick up and I hit the shower. Got to visit with Karin and Andrew for just short of an hour as they had a long drive today. It was sooo nice to see her again. We've become friends through cleftAdvocate, usually have only see each other at the conference in Vegas. So it was so nice to see them. Then we had a christening to go to today. We didn't do the church service as I am NOT that brave with 3 boys. Just went to the house for a nice lunch and the boys got to play. Then it was onto Walmart for grocery shopping. I promised the boys a little "something" for being so good today. So we hit the toy isle. The Xmas list is growing for sure. Tyler found a matchbox yellow firetruck. Firetrucks are his new favorite. Dylan has had his eye on these skateboards. I am unsure as to what you actually do with them. They come with an extra set of wheels and a screwdriver and you can change them. He LOVES it. Cody has his eye on bakugan. I don't understand this just as I don't understand Pokemon. So we get down that isle and there is a section that is wiped clean. Yep, the bakugan section. Apparently this is popular. As we were standing there as Cody was making his decision of only getting "1"....a mother and boy come walking down the isle. Walking down the isle in that we know what we are looking for walk. They slow as they reach us so I figured they were looking for Bakugan. Yep....little boy was so disappointed. The mother told me she had just left Target and they had none. The boy had a Bakugan ball in his hand - just like Cody has and wanted another. Guess the stores sell out of these fast and when shipments come in on Tuesday you need to get to the store. That went into the memory bank for Xmas shopping. So Cody settled on a pokemon stuffed animal. Brett missed out on all of our fun as he had 2 games this AM and then work tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment