Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Farm

Today we took the kids to the pumpkin farm. We had talked about it during the week but wasn't sure as we had some rain early this week and we weren't sure what the weather was going to be like. Today turned out to be a great fall day. A little cool but the sun was out and it was dry. You have to take advantage of these days. So Tanya called this afternoon and we said "let's go". We have a couple pumpkin patches close by but went to the "little" one and the kids had fun.
It's great when they cooperate for just a couple of seconds so we can get a picture!

As we all searched for the "BIG" pumpkin the boys found what they were looking for. I think they got some good carving ones.

Then it was onto the fun stuff. The bounce houses, playground and food. They wanted to do a tractor ride but I had to draw the line someplace. These fun days can turn out to be a $50 trip. So instead after we were done, we went back up to Tanya's and Uncle Shaun took them on a "hayride" of his own. I think they enjoyed it just as much.



Today was also Grandma Marilyn's birthday. The boys have been playing "let's go to grandma's house". They miss them and since we haven't seen them since August I guess playing this is rightfully so. Maybe Grandma will have to do a trip out soon. They called tonight to wish her a happy birthday.

Yesterday I got a much need haircut. I think Tanya was 2 cuts up on me. Just haven't worked it into my schedule. So I went and instead of cutting it, we decided it's time for a change. (Maybe a little inspiration from Tash too getting hers, thanks!). I have a lot of short pieces as I once spiked it, but it will grow and I plan to grow the layers out. I've gotten a lot of compliments so far, today was the first I did it and I think it looked ok. So......this will be a work in progress over the next several months. We'll see. The last drastic style change came when I found out I was pregnant for twins. Over 5 years ago. So time for a change.

No comments: