Friday, May 9, 2008

My Mother's Day Breakfast

Today at school, all the kids had invited their Mom's to a special Mother's Day breakfast. They have been talking about it all week and the only thing they would share is that we were having danishes and fruit. I had my Mom come with us as hey I have 2 kids to take. We did have danishes and fruit, plus bagels, egg sandwiches, watermelon, cinnamon bread and juice. It was wonderful. They had made place mats for us to sit at. The kids played and watched a Momma duck and her 10 ducklings out in the courtyard. They really kept the kids entertained. Before we left we got our "gifts". They had made some heart shaped ornaments and glued jewels on them. Very pretty! Then made a card and on the inside it said "My Mom is" and I'm only assuming the kids had to fill in the blanks. Cody's said "My Mom is Nice - I love you!"....Dylan's said "My Mom is I like you". With the cards was a special hand print and a beautiful poem that I cried over. So we had a very special morning. While being a Mom of multiples plus one more hasn't always brought out the best of me - I would not change this for anything!

*Don't mind my glasses*

*Cody giving the girls his wisdom*

*Dylan enjoying his breakfast*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I can't wait till I get to do those things! Everything sounded really nice, I like their captions they put in the cards! You look great in your glasses by the way!