Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dentist Visit

Cody had a quick trip to the dentist today. About 6 months ago, a few days prior to a teeth cleaning he had fallen and cut the inside of his lip pretty good. I had talked to the doctor over the phone and she felt that he didn't need stitches. Then we went for the teeth cleaning and the dentist said it really should of had a stitch and that because he didn't he now has a flap of skin that would need to be cut out during his next surgery (whenever that might be). So a couple of days ago he really started to complain that his lip hurt. I looked in and saw a lot of white so I called today and they got us right in. Good thing is - it's an ulcer. Just need to swish with salt water (which he is a champ and does it). Other good thing is is the flap of skin that needed cut out looks like it has re-attached itself to his gum and now this might not be an issue. We will see his dentist on the 11th for a cleaning so she'll probably be able to give me a little bit more info. And the best news was the visit was FREE! YIPPEE!!!! A little part of me felt bad for going once I found out it was an ulcer but when it comes to Cody's mouth - I take no second guesses. Especially after guessing wrong on the whole falling down/cutting lip/should of had stitches thing!

Tonight after work a bunch of us went out for drinks. A co-worker is moving to Virginia - still an employee just will be a remote employee. So it was fun and I probably had more than I should of. Especially when one of the guys said to the bartender "I've got hers, make it a double".....OK, really felt that one. Anybody that knows me knows I don't drink much so really 2 of them is enough for me. Not to mention all I drink are Amaretto sours, can you even get drunk off that? Not that I was drunk - just had more than my normal share!!! It was still fun though.

No comments: