Thursday, August 14, 2008

Making someone else laugh

So yesterday my sister sends me a link for our local radio station as they are hosting a contest. Normally I don't even try because my last name normally doesn't bring me what I need. LUCK! But this contest was a 'Back to School - Back to Sanity' contest. Where you have to write about a horrifying experience with you kids this summer. Tanya suggested I tell the time of when I took the boys Father's Day shopping - they all had to pee and poop and then somebody stole our cart. If you want to read the whole story - I posted that in June!!! Anyway, I wrote the letter and sent it in. This morning on the radio they read my story. I didn't hear it but one of the guys I work with asked me the minute I got to work if I had recently sent my story to them. He remembered my complaining I did at work the day after it happened. So it doesn't mean that I win. The host (Louie G. & Tanya) will pick their top 3 and then post them on the Internet for the listeners to vote on. If you win - you win 2 tickets to the spa!!!!

Oh my heck - that would be fantastic. I could sooooooooooooooo use a day at the spa. Especially because I do this mommy thing every night all by myself. I don't know how those single mom's do it. At times I feel like one because Brett and I aren't home at the same time. And well let's just face it - as much as I love my husband, he doesn't do anything unless he is told to do it.

So wish me luck! If I get picked in the top 3 I will be sure to let you know so I can get some votes.

We are heading back home tomorrow for Kristie's baby shower. Can't believe she is 30 weeks pregnant all ready. This is flying by. She is doing fantastic and little Jack is getting bigger every day. I can't wait to see her belly in person. She went for her visit yesterday and is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. So only time will tell. It's also going to be a nice weekend and the boys are hoping for some pool time at Grandma's.

No comments: