Tonight was hair cut night in the Luckey household. The boys did fantastic for their dad. Each one standing on the chair and listening while Daddy cut. No whining, no crying, no fighting - just a good hair cut. Maybe it helped that I said no milk shakes if they carried on. Whatever it takes! They needed them so bad.
Today I finally heard back from the pediatric dentist regarding Cody's x-rays. Well sort of....she called the house and talked with my Mom. I really think they were hoping to get a voice mail. Basically the assistant said that she was looking into it and is waiting on the ortho to call back so they can discuss, but wanted to let me know. The dentist is on vacation until the 8th and then she would be in touch. Ok, I had these x-rays sent about a week prior to us leaving for Las Vegas. So that was middle of July. It is now the end of August (22nd) and I JUST got a call today. Not to mention I have called 4 times! They must of had ESP today because they were going to be getting another call from me. When my Mom told them that it appeared to be taking a long time, they replied "well we are dealing with specialist". Not a good excuse for me as I have dealt with many "specialist" and usually have a great turn around time. So - I'll wait for her to call me back but Monday I will also be calling the pediatric dentist/orthodontist on the team in Syracuse and see about going to see him. I think I would feel better anyway. This doctor - Dr. Dillingham works with Dr. Tatum and I only trust so many people inside of Cody's mouth.
Tomorrow is the Lucky Smiles family picnic. This has been a chore to organize this year and at one point it came close to canceling. We did have to cancel our morning training due to lack of interest but we have about 70 people coming for the afternoon picnic. We will have a clown, face painter, balloon artist, playground and some good ole pizza for everyone. It should be a great day! I look forward to seeing a few old families and meeting some new people. I'll be sure to share tomorrow how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment