Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A couple things

I got word back from the pediatrician today.....well let me back up to Friday. I called the ped before we left to go home because I hadn't heard from him if he had talked with the Endo yet. I was some what glad he hadn't because I had something else I wanted to share. Cody has seemed to go from being tired all the time to not being tired at all. Going to bed late, being first one up (before me) and just acting sort of hyper. My concern was that maybe he was going from one extreme to the other. So Dr. Miller called me at 6:30 as we were almost home. I shared the info and he said he would get a hold of Dr. Woo (Endo) on Monday or Tuesday and get back to me. He felt what I told him was valuable because the Thyroid levels are controlled by the Pituitary gland and that gland doesn't seem to be stabilizing itself. So tonight he calls me and he did talk with Dr. Woo. Dr. Woo was concerned that his TSH level started at a 9.25 but was some what relieved that it went down on the second blood draw to a 6.45. So it feels it's going in the right direction. He would like to re-test the blood work in a couple more weeks and then talk. He just doesn't want to rush to put him on a drug if he can help it. Which I agree. So we will retest and go from there.

Now to something that just irks me to no end. McDonald's Drive Thru! All you out there are probably going "uh huh". Tonight I had to go pick up some supplies for the picnic on Saturday and the boys asked to get McDonald's. Fine by me as we have no food in the house and really need to go shopping. So we go. They all get Happy Meals. Now these things aren't cheap - times by 3. So we get home (whole way home the boys are talking about there toys) and get inside...open them up....NO FREAKING TOY! Oh I was so mad. Not to mention so are they. Isn't that one of the main reasons for a happy meal - you get a toy. To a kid they could forget the food - but don't forget the toy. So instead in one box we got 2 french fries. All the food was right, this time. I didn't go back as this McDonald's wasn't anywhere near home. I looked in my food bag but figured I didn't need to look in the boxes. You bet your bottom dollar - next time I will.

No comments: