Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ortho Appointment made

I finally called today the Pediatric dentist and ortho in Syracuse to see about getting Cody an appointment. Wouldn't you know they could get us right in on Sept. 8th - to bad that is the first day of school for the boys so that didn't work. So we ended up with October 1st. More time for my anxiety to kick into over drive.

I have heard a lot of great things about this doctor. After visiting their website, I found out that there are 3 pediatric dentist and an orthodontist right in the building. So the care would all be in one spot. Dr. Tatum recommends this doctor as this doctor volunteers his time to be on the craniofacial team. I value Dr. Tatum's opinion a lot so for him to recommend this guy means a lot to me. This all seemed like the perfect place UNTIL I read the new patient welcome letter where it stated they don't actually bill the insurance companies. Patients pay for services and then submit claims to their insurance for payment. That totally sucks. How on earth do people come up with that type of money to pay for something up front and wait to get the money paid back to them. So, I am not sure what we are going to do. I am going to keep the first visit because I want to know what Dr. Dillingham suggest to us. I am still waiting to hear back from our local dentist and will probably meet with them too. That way I can compare the two. Then we need to make the best decision for Cody and will have to figure the rest out later. I guess you always find a way, right? Or so I am hoping. I was just really hoping to not have to be worrying about this.

When talking briefly with Brett about a possible plan he did give me a very nice compliment and that was that he knows I value his opinion but when it comes to our kids he knows that I will make the best decision for them and he trusts me 100%. So that made me feel good.

Then the annoyed side of me took over and just really want to ask this doctor why on earth DON'T they direct bill the insurance. I mean wouldn't that make more sense and a lot less stressful on the patients and their families. UGH. DOCTORS - need I say more?

No comments: