They rode and rode and rode some more. They rode/We rode the ski lift chairs (not sure of the real name but you know what I mean), merry-go-round, bumper boats, all sorts of kiddie rides, some reminded me of old carnival rides. Our two big rides were the log ride which I was so lucky to take them. Tyler was to short so he stayed and watched but Karly, Cody, Dylan and I got to ride - and I'll post the picture to share. It was hysterical because as you go down the first little hill Cody says "mom, I don't think I like this"....well to late now. So we get to the top and down we come! Our faces say it all. We didn't get soaked so that was good. There was another water ride they wanted to go on so bad but everybody came off dripping wet and I wasn't riding in the car wet. So next time. The other ride was the Haunted House. OMG!!!! Tanya, Karly and Dylan in one cart........Cody, Tyler and I in another. We enter this house and it's pitch dark and I think the kids saw about the first 2 seconds and the rest of the ride they were scared out of their minds. Cody had his head buried in my arm - if he could of crawled in he would have. Tyler had his hands in front of his eyes.....he does say he remembers somebodies head falling off....(guess he didn't have his eyes covered 100%). I of course sat there in awe repeating to the kids "it's OK, mommy is right here".....mean while I am wondering when the heck we are getting out of this house and just at that time - don't we almost hit a wall (on purpose) and these truck lights come blaring on with a super loud air horn! I do have to say nobody left crying - unlike the 8 year old ish that got off behind us.
As we left we went back to our picnic area to find that somebody helped themselves to our table cloth. Left the cooler and food bag but took the table cloth. Whatever! So rude and the kids had a fit. Said they were calling their Uncle Kevin to tell him! We just laughed and told them he couldn't do much. Then we had to explain that stealing isn't nice. So that was a little disappointing because as we left our stuff a park security guard had helped us find our table and he said how "safe" it was to leave things. So.......all of the kids slept in the car ride home. They were so tired - but had done fantastic all day. Mom, Tanya and I laughed so much this weekend. We had a great time and we really needed that. Laughing is such a good way free your mind. We got home around 9:30 and surprisingly everybody was back in bed by 11.
Not sure if we will do Knoebles again anytime soon - but it was a great day and we didn't leave feeling like we just spent the bank account.
The guys arrived home tonight from the races and they too had a good time. They consumed lots of beer and car fumes. Brett was greeted with 3 very little anxious boys. He got them all a Dale JR matchbox and they thought that was pretty cool. Then they wanted to "wrestle" with their dad. He did it but I could tell he's hurtin!
My camera battery died so this is the only picture I have tonight. I'll download more tomorrow.
Like I said - our faces say it all!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment