Cody and Dylan can.....
At there 5 year check up, they didn't pass the vision part. Our pediatrician recommended that we get them in with an eye doctor for an exam. So I took her advice and did just that. During her exam she got Dylan at (left) 20/70 and (right) 20/40. Cody was 20/50 both eyes. Dylan would of for sure been giving a script for glasses. That isn't great seeing at all. Then I decided to call the school nurse as she also tested them and I didn't remember getting a paper home. She tested them in October and got them both at 20/30. Which is pretty good as there eyes are still growing and developing. So I was very confused.
We went today and they did fantastic. They did their test and saw things smaller than I could (with my contacts in). Dylan tested at 20/20 in both eyes. Cody tested at 20/25 in both eyes. Perfect vision! No problems. Eyes are healthy, straight, no signs of anything. The doctor was very interested in Cody and his thyroid problem and said that if the thyroid continued to be a problem it might affect vision later but he said his youngest patient with a thyroid problem and vision problem was 12. They both got their eyes dilated and they weren't so crazy on that.
So the pediatrician got a big fat "F" on this one. I mean I am glad she told me to go seeing as though how she tested they would of needed help seeing but it just didn't seem right. They haven't complained once that they "couldn't see". And I kind of cracked up because when I have really known there was a problem and wanted to go ahead to see a specialist - they dragged there feet. This time, they rushed us there and there was no problem.
This is down and behind us. Next up is on Friday for Cody's hearing test. That I can't wait for and am very nervous for the results.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment