Monday, March 23, 2009
Finally an end to the hearing issue....
Cody and I went to see Dr. Tatum today. My major concern was his hearing (although he did pass his hearing test), but I was also concerned with his tubes and if there were holes on the ear drum. Dr. Tatum said he is hearing next to perfect. I told him that every doctor is not able to see past the wax and I am thinking it's time to get it out. So he said while he doesn't like to remove the wax with the instruments while they are awake at this age - we could try it and see how he does. Well Cody did PERFECT! He laid there and winced a little but Dr. Tatum got a great amount of wax out. It was really neat to cause I got to watch it all on a monitor so I could actually see inside of Cody's ear. I got to see the tubes. They are in place however his left ear does appear to be working it's way out. The tube itself is blue in color and almost looks like pvc pipe. Kind of cool to see inside your kids ear. So no surgery as my gut was thinking. For once I am wrong. But that's good because I really don't want to visit the OR any sooner than I have to. So we go back and see the team in July. But really my next step is to get the ball rolling on dental. Let the insurance battle begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment