Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shopping for new beds

The time has come that the boys want bunk beds. At first I was going to get the beds that Kevin and I had as kids (that were originally my dad and his brothers) but while they are old, beat up, they also didn't have great security to them. No ladder - not great sides. So I was hesitating on getting them. Then my neighbor called me the other night and said she is getting rid of her set and if we wanted them - the price was very reasonable. So I went to check them out - and OMG they are great. Nice wood, a little dings but nothing major, a built in ladder on the end. I loved them. So our next move was to buy mattresses. I called around to some furniture places today and just so happen I found a sale. So tonight Cody and I went mattress shopping. Nobody else wanted to go. So Cody tested them out and we pick up 2 new mattresses on Friday. I am so excited for them to be getting their own beds. Our sleeping arrangement isn't one many people like. We co-sleep. Some agree - some don't and that's fine. But we did what we had to to get sleep with twins. So it works for us. But it's time to move on and they are excited about it. They are asking the bunny for sheets. Cody would like bakugan and Dylan would like sharks, spongebob and skateboards. I will have to see what the bunny finds. Now Daddy needs to get out his tools as we have a lot of moving to do. I smell spring cleaning in my future!

No comments: