Friday, March 6, 2009
Audiologist Appointment
I took Cody to see an Audiologist today for a full hearing test. She believes that he has a hole in each ear drum. I knew about one ear but didn't know both. So that was a little bit of a shock. Then she did the hearing test. I had told him before hand he would have to wear headphones and he was cool with it. He got a clicker and every time he heard a sound he had to click. He did a good job with that. He passed the hearing test at 15 decibels. Which is really within normal hearing range. This is good news but also confusing for me as it doesn't really explain why I am playing the volume game on the TV. (I turn it down, he turns it up) She said that while he can hear each sound - he might not be hearing each sound during a conversation. So in order to hear a full conversation - he needs the volume up. As if I was to stand in the shower and listen to the radio. I would probably have to have the radio up louder than normal so I could hear it over the water. Well Cody needs the "volume up" louder when you are talking to him. She said basically he has normal - to boarder line mild hearing loss. He is also full of wax. Not completely impacted as she could see around it - but she feels he really needs to be cleaned out. So.......we wait for 2 more weeks and head to Syracuse to see what Dr. Tatum makes of it all. Did I ever tell ya I hate to wait?????..............but I will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment