Saturday, March 7, 2009

Parade

Today we went to the St. Patrick's Day parade. While the weather was supposed to hold off - it didn't. Surprise Surprise for Upstate NY. So we got wet....but we still had fun and the kids still got their candy. This was our first St. Patrick's day parade. I LOVED it! I absolutely LOVE the sound of the bagpipers. We have our parade so early because we get groups that come up from NYC, Philly and Scranton. And I am so glad we do because they were awesome!
One very funny moment though......Cody is very baffled why it's "only" called "St. Patrick's"........if you know where I am going with this - we watch Spongebob. Who is his right hand man - Yep, Patrick! So Cody wonders why it's not St. Spongebob!!!!????? Do you think the Catholics out there could ask for me? LOL......

Pictures & Video!!!!
Listen to the sound of this.....these guys came all the way from NYC. Awesome!
Aren't they cute?? Yes, the boys and the shirts...I found them at Children's Place and while lucky isn't spelled like we do - it never is - these are pretty close.

Then we added two more to the group. All decked out in green of course. Family photo op....we were all decked out in our green. Cody was a little mad cause by this time we had waited for a little bit and it was just starting to sprinkle. He had on his sweat shirt and I made him take it off for the picture. I know, bad mother! :)We can hear the parade and the kids are beyond ready for some candy. They didn't get as much as we thought but we were pretty far up town and people ran out quickly. Karly made the bags for them each. She wrote their name and a shamrock. She did a great job. One thing we found out though - the markers were obviously "washable"....everything smeared! Bagpipers from Westchester......each group that came through had on different kilts. I can still hear the sound. And this made Dylan's day.....he loves monster trucks. He was so excited there was a school bus monster truck. We happen to listen to this radio station every morning. It's our favorite. However later Dylan told me "it's not a real monster truck, cause there were no dings in the bus"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!