Monday, January 19, 2009

Tyler Update

Before I beginning reflect on child 1 and 2....I must share some good news on child 3. Tyler had a check up with his ENT today. We haven't seen him since his surgery in Sept. 07 so it was time. Well we did see him quick for post-op but not a major check up. I was going to cancel this appointment but we are in the process of discharging him from speech so I wanted to be sure his ears were good. I figured they were and they are. He did fantastic today. Actually cooperated with the doctor and let him look in his ears, up his nose and down his throat....without crying! Great news for being 3. His tubes are in place still and open and doing there job. The doctor said his adenoids were "massive" and he said that is the largest word he uses when describing how big something is. Since his tonsils and adenoids have been removed Tyler sleeps great, eats with no problem, has come 50 miles in speech and hears fine (well as good as can be for being 3)....so we go back in 6 months for a hearing test. We are to watch for the tubes to fall out. The doctor said he normally gets 6 months to a year and a half on a set of tubes and we are knocking on the door....so we will wait.

However, as of Friday he will be finished with speech. A huge accomplishment! Tyler worked with Tish so well and they got him talking where we could all understand him. He still has some errors but not enough to keep him getting services. I have no doubt he will continue to do well.

Tyler at the ball game! Some of the faces he can make cracks me up!

These are the "blankie boys" as we have classified them. They love their "b's" and go no-where without them. Tyler's travels everyday to school in his back pack. Being attached to their "blankies" reminds me of my little brother.

No comments: