Thursday, January 15, 2009

Self Given Haircut

I am slowly beginning to realize I can't be in more than one place at a time. Tonight was no different. I was cooking dinner and Cody apparently had to go to the bathroom (which is upstairs). He didn't tell me and that is fine. They are supposed to know to just go up and go pee and come back down. Well, tonight he got side tracked. Brett had shaved before he went to work tonight and left his clippers (that are new) on the counter, charging. Well, Cody decided to use them.

As I was going in the living room I could smell something, I figured it was the heater in the bathroom. So I went upstairs to turn it off. As I walked by the cart - I noticed hair all over. Didn't think much of it cause I thought maybe Brett didn't do a great job cleaning up. So I went back down stairs to eat my very yummy dinner (mac & cheese) and noticed something wasn't right on Cody's head. I was shocked and put all the pieces of the puzzle together and realized he used the clippers to cut his hair. I really don't think he knew what he was doing. Cause after I told him he was missing hair, and his brother's quickly jumped on the band wagon he FLIPPED OUT! He was crying and saying that he can't go to school because the kids will pick on him, and he doesn't know why his Dad didn't pick up his stuff (ok, maybe I said that and he repeated it but whatever).....I of course took pictures and sent it on the phone to everyone. I thought it was cute. The boys were going to be getting haircuts this weekend anyways.

So Brett called as he was going to lunch tonight and asked if Cody wanted him to come home and give him his haircut. Yeah! I really did hate the way it looked. So, Brett came home and did a quick haircut. The other two will get them tomorrow. While it isn't a 100% - it is as good as it's going to get till it grows back.
I'm thinking I deserve every gray hair I have - and yes, I do have a couple of them! BOYS!

No comments: