Monday, January 12, 2009

The luck has changed

Well it seems as if the luck of doctors, appointments, big fancy words, have changed. They have jumped from me, made a stop with Kristie and Jack and now has landed on Tanya's plate. Tanya called last night concerned saying she thought Connor had a hernia. I googled it and wasn't real sure. She called the doctor this morning and they got her right in. However, once the doctor saw it he didn't like the looks of it at all. A little blue in color, he was concerned that maybe the testicle had twisted. So they went to the hospital for an ultrasound. Not twisted but he has a hydrocele. Which is fluid leaking onto the testicle. So they must get in to see a pediatric urologist ASAP. Problem is there isn't one here. So they have to pick another hospital and go there. She should know where tomorrow. Surgery is probably in their future but time will tell for sure. I have to give my sister credit she seemed liked she was handling the news pretty well considering she was doing this solo as her husband came down with a major migraine as he was supposed to be getting ready to meet her at the hospital. Thankfully, I grabbed Karly from her at the doctor's office and brought her home with me. The boys were so happy to see her. Then my Mom went to be moral support.

As Tanya and I were talking last night about our upcoming week we said "wow, we have nothing going on". How quickly that changes! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: