Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lucky Smiles Event

So it's that time again to start planning the Lucky Smiles summer event for families. With the huge help and contributions from cleftAdvocate - our families will have a great gathering at our local park. I have a lot of work to do to get this done but don't doubt it will happen. I have many wonderful volunteers who will help. So far we have secured a venue, have booked a great comedian (www.wackychad.com) and best yet - Debbie Oliver is coming for it. We will provide a training class to families and then have a picnic in the afternoon.

I have many thoughts for the event. The comedian, the local fire station to stop by with a truck, maybe the sheriff's office to come and do some finger printing. Or if that can't happen maybe my brother will bring Tacko up. I need to get some things donated - like food/beverage, conference space, all sorts of things.

One of the greatest things is my family will get to meet Debbie. She has been a huge role model to me. Her entire family is great. She is such an inspiration to families and while she can be super sympathetic to me, she can tell me how it is. She was the first one to pick up the phone and talk to me when Cody and I had his first "booboo talk".

Now I reflect back and realize that I won't be doing any of this if it weren't for Cody. He truly inspires me.

More to come....I've got lots to do! For anyone with big pockets - contact me! Your donating to a great cause.

No comments: