Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daddy Time

With my Mom being on vacation this week - Brett and I are splitting the "babysitting" duties if you will. I take the boys to school, Brett hopes that Tyler will sleep in a little, then he and Ty go and pick them up. They all then have until 3 when I leave work to basically high five Brett as we pass in the hallway as he heads to work. Then I get night duty.

Today Brett calls and says "we are going bowling". I was shocked especially because he was doing it all by himself. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times he has taken all three boys out of the house together - and the park doesn't count. He said it went well. Cody broke him in...Needing to pee twice and then go #2. All within about 10 minutes. I'm smiling can you tell.... Then they got McDonald's - lucky kids.

Can I just say though I miss my Mom. I miss her because of not seeing her but I really miss her because she always has my laundry and dishes caught up when I get home. Not to mention the house is usually picked up and I don't need to shovel a path to get in the door. While we are doing great this week and getting it all done - I am super lucky to have my Mom here to help out. She's worth a million bucks! She though is having a great time on the beaches of Florida.

No comments: