I just love when the boys come out with some of their stories. Lately everything has been about a color. A color of the juice we buy, color of the underwear we wear or just anything. Cody appears to be liking the color red. From the red power ranger underwear he has to have on all the time, a cup with a red lid, his coat is red...he is all the time saying "Mom, I need the red one - that is my favorite color from the rainbow." I'm a little curious if they are doing something with rainbows at school.
This week has proven to be a very emotional week for me. Thank goodness my friend wasn't here too this week. I had no idea that Cody finishing speech would make me so emotional. To hear professionals rave about your child is a great thing and has shown we have made a lot of great decisions for him. That was probably one of the hardest thing for me - having to make the right decision and it just wasn't for is he hungry or is he wet? It was for who do I entrust to put my baby together. I never realized I would become such an advocate for other children. I did not know that I would be known among the professional agencies we have been a part of. Today as I sat in our discharge meeting from CPSE, I listened as they read off Cody's history. I couldn't have been more proud as Tish said "we are done for speech for now". Hard work was put forth by a lot of people, from Brett and I, my Mom and Sister who actually sat in on sessions so they could learn the "right" things, Tish for all her hard work and most of all Cody who has to over come so much. So we left the meeting with the committee knowing that when I feel Cody needs speech again they will be hearing from me and their comment was "we know". Good, glad somebody realizes I just won't be going away. :)
As for the other 2 because sometimes I struggle with feeling like they are left in the dark - there isn't much to report. Which to me is a good thing. Tyler continues to work on his speech and will be following along in his big brother's footsteps and be referred to CPSE when he turns 3. While he has the language he just doesn't have the articulation to understand it. And that is why I don't like to hear parents and doctors take lightly to fluid on the ears. It is NOT supposed to be there - if it was we would all have it. Tyler should of been referred to an ENT long before he was and the only reason he went was because I just took him. I knew to much to listen to the docs. Anyway - I could really go off on that. Then there is Dylan who is just a great kid. He is 100% boy and I know is very anxious for our weather to cooperate and let him get outside. He hates getting up for school and I am not sure how I am going to break that. If I don't, it is going to be a very long 18 years. He is sooo much like Brett it isn't funny. But I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment