Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcoming 2010....

I have no idea what she has in store for us - but I am excited to find out........

We had a great New Years weekend. I told the boys they could stay up but nobody made it. Brett woke up long enough to see the ball drop. After I watched some of the show - I made my way to bed. We were going to get together with my sister - who was also home, doing nothing - but with us both having kids neither of us wanted to go out in the cold after midnight. Boring, I know! Then my Dad reminded me that there was years where he couldn't keep me home on New Years....guess that is what kids do to you. I did tape the ball drop to show the boys and out of Dylan's mouth came "that's it....that was boring!"

On New Years Day I took Dylan to BCC to go ice skating. We also went with my sister. Shaun can skate and so can Karly so the 3 of them took to the ice. Dylan LOVED IT! It was his first time and he had a blast. Thanks to Uncle Shaun for showing him how to skate. He used the bar for support and did really well. Wants to go again. So now I'm checking into skate classes as he wants to get into hockey next year. Then we had a great dinner and when the kids went out to play in the snow - us adults had some Wii time! :)
I can't forget too that Cody finally lost his bottom right tooth on New Years day. It was in his mouth when he woke up. Finally it fell out. So the tooth fairy came and he's sporting a new smile!
Saturday we were off to Karly's first basketball game. She is cheering for St. Anthony's and she loves it. Can I just say how weird it is to see her on the court. I remembered back to when it was me. I loved cheering. She did great and they have a great coach and I can't wait for their competition.
Then Sunday came the day of getting my house back to normal. Our toy room looks like a mini toys-r-us anyways and then add new toys from Christmas and I felt like I was tripping. With the tree down, the room opened back up and we feel "put together". Very anxious to get the toy boxes that my dad is making. My lights are still up outside but those are going to wait for warmer weather.

Next up......Brett has surgery on the 12th to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. Plus they are shaving his uvula and trenching his palate. Yah, he's gonna be sore. But even bigger, Cody and Dylan turn 6 in less than 3 weeks. I have NO Idea where that time has gone. So we are busy planning a party and they are super excited.

No comments: