Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So much to blog...

Well I need to write about our fantastic Christmas weekend but I'm tired and I don't think I could keep all of my thoughts straight. :) So I'll come back to xmas, promise!

I do think of my blog as something to reference back to about Cody and his journey. On Christmas eve his right bottom tooth (which has been loose) became extremely loose. I thought maybe that Santa and the tooth fairy would be coming on the same night. But.....Cody freaked out when he saw the blood and wouldn't let me near his mouth. So it has stayed. Last night, with a little brotherly help, the tooth got hit again and again more blood and it's so super loose. Just barley hanging on. He won't let me just pull it. He goes into hysterics and cries. He says things like "why do I have to loose my teeth". Forgive me but a part of me laughs cause it's a tooth and he will get an adult one, but then a part of me crumbles because he won't get an adult one for every tooth. And at the ripe age of almost 6, he has had a lot done on his mouth. Way more than most adults in a lifetime. So the tooth is still very very loose and still in his mouth. I am waiting for another "brotherly love contact" and it will be out.

Today thought he really got to me. He woke up the other morning with an itchy rash. This morning it was still present and after talking with my sister she convinced me to call the doctor. So after I got the appointment, I called home to tell Cody that I would be home to get him. What I got next I wasn't expecting. He told me he didn't want to go to the doctor, asked why he always had to go, why doesn't Dylan, how he wished Dylan was born first and not him and then Dylan would have to go, and then I faintly heard him say I wish Dylan was born with a cleft. OK.....that last one got me!!!!! Thankfully, I was at work and he quickly gave the phone to his dad. I really hope he doesn't think he has all of this because he was born first. What do I say to him? That god thought he was super special. While I agree - I question it at times. So friends...family....I'm puzzled....what have you said?

No comments: