Yesterday the boys all had their school parties. I am still trying to figure out how to be in two classrooms at the same time. I visited Dylan's class first and then went to Cody's. By the time I got back to Dylan's - they were done. Thankfully, Tyler's was in the afternoon and at a different school. Today is the last day before they break for Christmas. I am looking forward to having a week to myself and eating normal lunches. I am sure my mom is NOT looking forward to the week as she will have them all day!
Last weekend, we went to Cuba to have Christmas with the Luckey's. It is always crazy when everybody is home but so much fun. The kids have a blast playing together. We were 1 grandkid shy this year as baby Samuel is still in the hospital but with any luck he'll be home soon.
On our way home, we stopped at my Dad's to see what was in the workshop. For those that don't know, my Dad is awesome with wood and making things. I have many beautiful items in my house that he has made over the year. I really hoped some day he would do something for my boys. He is! They are all getting toy boxes. Not sure what I'm doing with 3 of them but trust me - I am sure we will have no problem filling them! :) They will have them forever and know that he put a lot of time and effort into them. I will post pictures when we get them.
Gearing up for the next few days. Not much planned for Xmas eve. Brett has to work which is a total bummer. They are letting them out 2 hours early but for Brett that is 9pm.....big deal. So I think we will decorate some cookies, bake some more and maybe do a good cleaning of the house so Santa has lots of room to leave his stash. Oh and I might need to pick up one more gift so I may have to hit the mall. yuck! Christmas day we are having everybody down for dinner at my house. This is a first and I'm looking forward to it. Brett will bake us lasagna and we'll have a nice Italian dinner. Saturday morning my brother comes home. I can not wait to get all 6 grandkids together. So much fun to be had over the weekend. Saturday we'll do gifts from my mom and to each other and then Sunday we plan to have a fun outside day at Tanya's. Shaun has been busy making his own ice rink. (that might be a little redneckish...but it will be fun)
From Our Family to Yours.....Merry Christmas!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment