I, like all of you, am super busy getting everything in order for the holiday. Shopping is about done. Just a couple last minute gifts to buy and then comes the task of wrapping. I've found that my nights aren't long enough for all that I want to accomplish before my eyes are ready to shut. It will get done though.....
We started a few new family traditions this year. I cherish my family traditions from when I was young. One being hanging our new ornament on the tree. I picked this up with my boys this year. Cody and Dylan both got a personalized ornament that symbolized the loss of their first tooth and the date that happened and Tyler got a personalized firetruck (which was the theme of his birthday this year). I also remember as a child hanging up our red stockings on Christmas eve. My mom had decorative ones that her mother had made that hung up after Thanksgiving until we got to hang the ones that Santa would fill. Well this year in the Luckey house we adopted an Elf for the season. It's the Elf on the Shelf. He arrived on the first day of December - the same day that the "elves" come to pick up the wrapping paper we have bought to take back to Santa for his wrapping. His job is to sit and observe the behavior of the kids and at night, when they are sleeping, he gains his magic and travels to the North Pole to tell Santa. It works! SORT OF! :) The kids know he leaves because when he comes back he is in a new spot. Every morning the boys have fun looking to see where "Snowball" is (you get to name your elf and that's what we chose). On occasion he is in the same spot - oops - that means Daddy Elf forgot to move him. :) At the request of the boys, we are starting a collection of Nutcrackers. We will get one per year and someday when they are older and coming home for Christmas it will be cool to look back on and "remember when". Our first nutcracker is a Chef. He has a white puffy hat on, a red apron, a pizza in one hand and a cutter in the other. Totally fits our life right now as pizza is the number one dinner choice (tied with McDonald's).
We had a nice holiday party at a co-workers house. My company has decided to not do a party this year - to the disappoint of all employees. I have a lot of thoughts on that but maybe shouldn't write them - they aren't nice and it's 'tis the season! :) I will be busy though with the 3 school parties - all on the same day! Thanks teachers.....LOL...Trying to keep it straight as to what I have to buy for whose party. Thank goodness for sticky notes.
In some ways I feel very much behind but I am sure I will catch up. We are going to the in-laws this coming weekend for our family Christmas. So I am missing a whole weekend - although it's worth it. I just might have some long nights ahead of me. Bedtime can't come soon enough.
The boys - well they are just super excited for the man in red to show up. Every night before bed they ask if Christmas is tomorrow. I think they will like what Santa has under the tree. They no doubt will make out like bandits - lots of people that love them that get way to much! I can't wait to spend it with family.
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment