We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Had dinner at my mom's and got to enjoy her yummy turkey. I tried my hand at a couple peanut butter/chocolate pies and they were super yummy too. After dinner we did the normal, sat down with the sale ads to see what we "had to have". I did take one for "team shopping" early Thursday morning. After we woke up, Cody and I headed out to pick up the paper. I go no where without a shower and my hair/make-up done. I threw pants on and my coat, combed my hair, put a little eye liner on and we were off. I looked "fantastic"! LOL...but I got a paper and who cares. :)
I talked my mom and sister into embarking on our first Black Friday ever. We woke up early Friday morning - 4am and headed to Target. I was shocked at the line of people. I have never seen that out shopping. We entered the store that was jammed pack, no carts and headed in our own ways to get the deals we came to get. I have to say we succeeded. At about 6am, Tanya said we better find the check out line and so we did. We waited for over an hour. It was pure fun. You totally have to be a shopper to appreciate it all. An adrenalin rush is all I can think of. After all of that shopping, I had to work. I will totally take off next year. Once I got home I decided that I had to keep going. If I stopped I would crash. So instead we got out the tree and decorated.
Now the count down is on to Christmas. The boys have made list after list and want everything under the sun. Santa is figuring out what they really want. The goal is to finish shopping and decorating, do some baking and enjoy the holidays with family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment