Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm thankful for:

I thought today would be the best day to think of some of the things I am thankful for. Since it's 2009, I'll pick 9 things, in random order of course. I asked the boys tonight as we sat down to dinner what they were thankful for and I got....

Tyler - "I'm thankful for my toys".....(what 4 year old wouldn't say that)
Dylan - "I'm thankful for my family"....(ah that is so sweet especially coming from the kid who told his father today that "you woke up in a good mood today")
Cody - "I'm thankful for all of my bakugan and my family"..... (glad the virtual world is before the real world)

Now "my" turn:

1. I am thankful for my family. I have an amazing husband who I have loved for a very long time, 14 years exactly and some might even say longer than that. I have 3 amazing little boys that have taught me so much in their short years on this earth. I have a wonderful mother who is my best friend and teaches me many wisdom's in life. I have the best sister that any person could ask for. She truly is my best friend and I would be lost without her. I have a very heroic brother who I think of every night before I go to bed to make sure he is safe at night as he protects and serves and I only wished I saw him more. My sister and brother have the best families who I love with all my heart. I have a pretty great Dad as well, even though our relationship has been tested over the past 5 years I have faith that I will gain back some of what was lost, or at least I will try. I also can't forget the "in-law" family that without them I wouldn't have my husband.

2. I am thankful for amazing doctors. I had an amazing doctor that helped us conceive the first time. Little did I know, I ended up with another amazing doctor who monitored me very closely and let me give birth to healthy twins. Just when I thought doctor's were done, I found that I would become super close to another set of amazing doctors in Syracuse at the CNY cleft and craniofacial center. Just after them we found an amazing dentist who is doing wonders.

3. I am thankful for another set of family - that is my craniofacial family. I have met the most amazing kids, amazing parents and at times this family might just take a step above my regular family. Some people think what we face with Cody is "fixed" and "done" but they couldn't be more wrong and this family "gets it" and has "been there, done that" and I know I can share anything with them. Thank you AmeriFace!!!!

4. I am thankful I have a great job and work with great people. I've been there for 8 years and in a way this group has also become family. I think I see them more than my own. Every job has the pluses and minus but we make the most of it and enjoy our day.

5. I am thankful for the things we have and what we don't. I really believe that all good things come to those that wait.

6. I am thankful for the Internet. Is that dumb? Without the Internet I couldn't type my thoughts to share with my kids later, I wouldn't be able to connect with old friends, I wouldn't be able to shop and search for items that my local store can't provide.

7. I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. I can take the occasional cold or flu, ear infection, even will take the thyroid problem of Cody and all that he has been through to know that for now, in the end all is OK. I however realize that that can change and I am watching an amazing women put up a great fight and her courage is something I hope one day I have if need be.

8. I am thankful for my friends. As you get older and lives change you do see who your true friends are as they have changed with you.

9. I am thankful......for...........all the things I didn't write. For all the things big and small. For being able to wake up in the morning, watching all the parades with my boys, cook up some pies and green bean casserole (my addition to dinner), load my family in the car and head to my Mom's house where we will sit down and have a great dinner. Laugh, stuff ourselves, wish my brother was there, make a couple jokes all in good light, search the sale flyer's, eat again and come home and sleep like no tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: