The Halloween festivities are all over. We had lots of fun this year with the boys being in school. Tyler had his party on Thursday. He wanted to take cupcakes so I baked em and Daddy frosted them. He had fun with his friends.
Thursday, Cody had ran a temp on and off all day. By the end of school, he came home and hit the couch. I was hoping it would end at that. It didn't! About 11:30, he woke up getting sick. Then again at 2am. No school for him on Friday which also meant he had to miss all of his school fun. He was so sad as he really was looking forward to wearing his costume. I'm a room mom in each class, so I went back to help out in Dylan's class. It was so fun to really meet some of the kids that he talks about all of the time. I over heard one kid ask him "is that your mom"......I remember always loving when my mom could come to school for events. Kids love that! As his party was winding down, Cody's class was just starting. Even though he wasn't there, I thought I would stop down and help. His teacher is so sweet and was shocked to see me. She said she missed him and was so sad he wasn't there. Me too! She rounded up some stuff for me to take home to him. I went back for the parade and got Dylan all ready. The kids looked awesome in their costumes. Brought back so many memories of my parade walking days. As I was standing in front of the van, Cody's teacher came by and was really hoping that I had brought Cody to watch. The kids wanted to stop and say Hi. I love his teacher!
Halloween day was good to the boys. Cody woke up feeling much better, still tired, still coughing but the fever was gone. So they waited as patiently as they could till it was time to go out trick or treating! The Smith's came down and my mom for pizza and then it was time! Costumes were put on and we were off. The got lots of candy and had fun. Brett and I just strolled together as they went from door to door. They have the routine down pat. Connor was a little slow and brought up the rear but he did great. When we thought it was time to stop, Karly, Tyler and Dylan didn't want to stop. So they kept walking while Connor and Cody went back home.
This morning Dylan woke up with a fever. It's been hoovering around 100 and he's been on the couch for most of the day. He's coughing and not eating. I know he doesn't feel good when he doesn't eat. He always eats! :) Tylenol seems to be working but only lasting 4 hours. Just waiting to see what day Tyler gets it. I know it's coming. :(
Today was also the last day of football games. Yeah! I get my husband back on the weekends now. We have missed him! And I must note that he got extremely lucky this year.....he did not have one game in the rain. It might have sprinkled but he never got soaked. Very lucky and probably won't happen again.
So what is up in the coming weeks. ..... Tanya has to have surgery tomorrow as she is getting a partial hysterectomy done. Gonna be a long recovery but hopefully it goes quick for her. Cody goes to Syracuse on the 9th for a meeting with Dr. Tatum and with Dr. Dillingham for an adjustment to the expander. Not sure why Dr. Tatum wants to see him so my nerves are already kicking in. Connor has his 3rd birthday and then there is Thanksgiving!!! Yum, Yum! I love turkey day. I love the food, especially my mom's turkey! And of course...the countdown is on till the big man comes!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment