So we left from seeing Dr. Tatum and had an hour to kill. Leave it to me to find a shopping center. We went and walked around Target. Found the card game Crazy 8's that the boys have a new found love of thanks to their cousin Karly. It is a cute game!
We got to Dr. Dillingham's a little early. Brushed his teeth and they were ready for us. No waiting today. I like that! Cody got the cheek guards in and pictures taken. I brought my camera along and got a shot myself. Here is Cody's bite 4 months after having the palate expander put on:
Pretty cool, huh? He can almost touch top to bottom. We need to push out the top front teeth to hopefully get his bottom ones behind his uppers. His top right tooth is about dead. Although it's not causing him any pain so we are leaving it for now. He moved the wires to help push the upper teeth and immediately Cody felt the pressure. He got his prizes, we go back in 4 weeks and we were out of there by 4:11......4 minutes before our regular scheduled visit. I was excited. I thought maybe we would get home early..................my luck ran out.
We pulled into McDonald's to get his special treat "chicken nugget happy meal" when he says, "mom, I don't want my food". What? What is wrong? He says he doesn't feel good. I looked back and saw the look..he was going to get sick. I threw him a plastic bag I had and he got sick in that. We ordered food and went and parked and he said he was OK. I left him another bag "just in case". I got down the road when he kept getting sick. Oh my heck....I am all by myself. I turn into a parking lot and get out - the bag broke and he was covered. Along with the car seat, seat and the floor. Wonderful! I have 2 napkins in my entire van. I look around and saw the lone Wiggles blanket - sorry blanket you're all I got. Thankfully I had an extra shirt for Cody, so he rode home in that and my coat around his legs. I will be better prepared next time and every other time. That was horrible as I needed to drive. Thankfully he just slept and was fine. I think he worked himself up so much and then the pressure from moving the wire that his stomach just couldn't take it. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment