Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What is it??

Who cares!!! What every it "was" my boys got it and are finally getting over "it"! Yeah!!!! I took them both to the doctor yesterday. I tried sending Cody to school as he hadn't had a fever since Saturday AM but after an hour the nurse called and said he needed to come home. He was sneezing and she said "looked uncomfortable". Ok. I was calling the doctor anyway and when I finally got through - I decided to take them both just because I was going. Dylan had the fever all day on Sunday but by Monday it was touch and go. The doctor decided he probably had something viral and to just watch it. Happy to report as of today - he is fine! Appetite and attitude back! :) Cody I had sort of self diagnosed. You do get to know your kids. Whenever Cody gets a head cold - it turns into an infection. His nasal passage is so close that the germs just stay put. The doctor did say that at the on-set of the illness he probably had either the flu or H1N1..but they did not swab him for it. He had had his last fever 2 days from our visit with the doctor. So it would not of done any good. He had all the signs: headache, vomiting, cough, fever....the doctor did say that having the flu shot probably helped him along. Thank goodness! He agreed with a sinus infection and gave him amoixicillin and today he had a full dose. He is back to himself also.

Watch out teachers - they are all yours tomorrow! :)

My sister had her surgery. It lasted about 3 hours. She has a lot of internal stitches but only 3 marks on her stomach that only required a steri strip to close. She came home today but felt a little more worn down today. Her blood pressure was dropping - not exactly sure why. Possibly from the pain meds she was on. They switched her to Darvacet and that seemed better. Unfortunately, she had to come home with the catheter still in as she is not back to peeing a 100% yet. The doctor did tuck her bladder so he figured it was probably just a little more swollen than normal. She should get that out on Friday. Resting at home is so much better and I know Karly and Connor were excited to see her. Now, she needs to get better so I can have my shopping partner back! :)

No comments: